According to Small Business Administration Guidelines, a “Qualified Source” for equipment appraisals is “an individual who regularly receives compensation for business valuations and is accredited by one of the following recognized organizations:
- MCMEA, CMEA – NEBB Institute
- PPS – International Association of Assessing Officers
- ASA, AM – American Society of Appraisers
- CEA/ AEA – Association of Machinery & Equipment Appraisers
IRS Publication 561 defines a “qualified appraiser” as:
- Accreditation from a recognized professional appraiser organization
- “USPAP-compliant:” Follows the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice, which have been defined by the Appraisal Foundation under the authority of Congress
- Professional: The appraiser regularly prepares appraisals for a fee
- Competence: The appraiser has expertise examining the type of item in the appraisal
Bruce Jones CMEA is a Qualified Source for SBA appraisals and is a Qualified Appraiser for IRS appraisal mattes.
We provide equipment appraisals for:
- Bank Financing
- Business Owners
Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), was adopted by congress in 1989 and represents the generally accepted standards of all appraisers in the United States. The purpose of USPAP is to promote and maintain a high level of public trust in appraisal practice by establishing requirements for professional appraisers. At RMS Commercial Group, all of our appraisals meet the SBA’s SOP requirements and are USPAP compliant.
The AICPA requires a valuation substantiated with relevant data by a qualified and certified USPAP compliant value
We provide equipment appraisals for various industries, including but not limited to
- medical equipment,
- dental equipment,
- machine shops,
- and many others.
Bankers have to satisfy bank auditors and examiners who have raised the bar for the quality of the loan documentation. “One-sheet wonder” appraisals from an appraiser without a recognized designation is wasted money. Banks need is a qualified appraisal from a certified / accredited appraiser with knowledge of the equipment being appraised.